Buffoonery
Another campus story.
The first event was re: my Finance class. The Prof announced that he'd schedule a make-up lecture later this afternoon during the tutorial slot, and had explicitly written on the board that he'd hold it at RCH 307, in one of the engineering buildings.
3:20 - I reach the lecture room and see Jackie, one of my friends in the class. But apart from Jackie and me and one other person, there is no one else here! 3:30 - Tutorial is supposed to begin! At this point, 3 more kids had showed up, but no sign of the Prof. 3:40 - We suspect that the class must be held elsewhere, and I suggest that we go to MC. So we head to the other room, and lo and behold, Landriault is in the middle of lecturing there and the room is packed. I guess somehow we'd got mixed up. (It had to do with that I was attending the morning lecture section, but on my Quest schedule I still had the other tutorial slot and should have gone to that one instead...)
So instead we headed to C&D and chatted for a bit. Then it came time to head to my next scheduled tutorial (Statistics/Regression). On the way down the stairs I bumped into Mary for the first time since CT, and we exchanged pleasantries. This encounter actually turned out to be instrumental for reasons that'll become apparent below.
4:25 - I arrive at the lecture room on the 2nd floor and there are already a dozen or so keeners there. 4:30 - More people trickle in. There are about 40 kids in here now, and the tutorial is supposed to begin. 4:40 - the Prof still hadn't arrived, and my consternation grows. Worse, the keener guy who'd always get to class 15 minutes before everyone else and save me a seat wasn't there either! Furthermore, I remembered seeing Mary... I was certain she was in my section, and by consequence the same tutorial as well... so why was she heading up the stairs?
This is when I began to suspect that something was up. I asked someone sitting near me and she, too, speculated that the class was being held another room... but how could these scores of other people also be mistaken? So, not wanting to sit here like a dork with all these other oblivious dorks, I said "that's it, I'm leaving" and we headed up to the 4th floor. And wouldn't you know it, there were about 50 kids in there, and Professor Song was in the middle of his lecture!
About five minutes later a herd of students start pouring in to the room - I guess following our lead - and Kim Jong-il apologizes for the mix-up; half the students were in the other tutorial, but, unbeknownst to all of us the guy had decided to combine the two tutorials! On the plus side, I didn't miss this one, and I actually find him mildly amusing.
The first event was re: my Finance class. The Prof announced that he'd schedule a make-up lecture later this afternoon during the tutorial slot, and had explicitly written on the board that he'd hold it at RCH 307, in one of the engineering buildings.
3:20 - I reach the lecture room and see Jackie, one of my friends in the class. But apart from Jackie and me and one other person, there is no one else here! 3:30 - Tutorial is supposed to begin! At this point, 3 more kids had showed up, but no sign of the Prof. 3:40 - We suspect that the class must be held elsewhere, and I suggest that we go to MC. So we head to the other room, and lo and behold, Landriault is in the middle of lecturing there and the room is packed. I guess somehow we'd got mixed up. (It had to do with that I was attending the morning lecture section, but on my Quest schedule I still had the other tutorial slot and should have gone to that one instead...)
So instead we headed to C&D and chatted for a bit. Then it came time to head to my next scheduled tutorial (Statistics/Regression). On the way down the stairs I bumped into Mary for the first time since CT, and we exchanged pleasantries. This encounter actually turned out to be instrumental for reasons that'll become apparent below.
4:25 - I arrive at the lecture room on the 2nd floor and there are already a dozen or so keeners there. 4:30 - More people trickle in. There are about 40 kids in here now, and the tutorial is supposed to begin. 4:40 - the Prof still hadn't arrived, and my consternation grows. Worse, the keener guy who'd always get to class 15 minutes before everyone else and save me a seat wasn't there either! Furthermore, I remembered seeing Mary... I was certain she was in my section, and by consequence the same tutorial as well... so why was she heading up the stairs?
This is when I began to suspect that something was up. I asked someone sitting near me and she, too, speculated that the class was being held another room... but how could these scores of other people also be mistaken? So, not wanting to sit here like a dork with all these other oblivious dorks, I said "that's it, I'm leaving" and we headed up to the 4th floor. And wouldn't you know it, there were about 50 kids in there, and Professor Song was in the middle of his lecture!
About five minutes later a herd of students start pouring in to the room - I guess following our lead - and Kim Jong-il apologizes for the mix-up; half the students were in the other tutorial, but, unbeknownst to all of us the guy had decided to combine the two tutorials! On the plus side, I didn't miss this one, and I actually find him mildly amusing.

2 Comments:
-
Anonymous
I don't think Peter Song is Korean.
1/19/2007 09:23:00 PM-
Anonymous
ok fine. How about Chairman Mao?
1/19/2007 10:05:00 PMPost a Comment
<< Home